List of Topics
- how to enable the automatic creation of instalments:
- from the multipack's details
- from the multipack price-list's details
- creation of instalments:
- how to edit instalments
- pro rata
With SPORTRICK it is possible to create fixed instalments for a multipack, so that during sales, the system will automatically add the instalments in the payment section of the customer's profile. This can be useful to speed up sale procedures and to enable the following:
- rolling memberships with a specific due date for the monthly payment
- memberships that can be paid in monthly instalments with fixed due dates.
- SPORTRICK doesn't support the payment of instalments via the E-Commerce
- This manual describes the configuration of instalments that will be due on a monthly basis. Instalments with shorter due dates (e.g. every two weeks) will have to be configured manually during the sale procedure. Please refer to the following manual: How to manage the payment of instalments
To enable the automatic creation of instalments for multipacks, log into the VAR portal, click on Managed Environments -> View More -> Configurations -> Settings -> insert in the search field the code 10104 corresponding to the following option: "Multipack pricelist: Enable automatic installments / advances", click on Modify, untick the "use default value" box and click on YES. Click on OK to save.
3. How to Enable the Automatic Creation of Instalments
From the Multipack's Details
Click on Planning -> Multipacks -> Detail (next to the desired multipack) -> Automatic Creation of Instalments -> Enable Instalments.
From the Multipack Price-List's Details
After creating a price list and its row/s, click on the Detail button next to each row and open the "Automatic Creation of Instalments" section, then click on Enable Instalments.
4. Creation of Instalments
After enabling the automatic creation of instalments, it will be possible to enable the following options (if required):
- only working days: instalment will not be due on weekends/bank holidays
- pro-rata: please refer to chapter 6
If at least one of the above-mentioned options has been used, please click on Save Changes before proceeding with the creation of instalments.
If none of the aforementioned options has been activated, it will still be possible to create instalments automatically. Example of instalments withouth using the aforem: if the instalment is due on the 1st day of each month and the multipack is sold on the 2nd day of the month, the first instalment will be due on the first day of the following month (which could be a weekend or a bank holiday). Please also consider that the customer won't pay for the first month of their membership.
It is possible to follow two different procedures to configure instalments. One is automatic, the other manual, suggested if instalments are to be due at specific dates that don't follow a regular pattern or if the amount of each instalment is different.
Both options are explained in the following paragraphs.
To create instalments, please click on Create Instalments
and fill in the following fields:
- repeat instalment every (month): if the value is 1, the payment will be due every month
- day of the month/working day: if the value is 1, the payment will be due every first day of the month or every first working day of the month
- specify tax: select the tax that will be applied to each instalment
click on Create Instalments to complete the configuration. The system will create a list with all the instalments that will be charged to the client who purchases this multipack.
IMPORTANT: the instalments will have a dynamic due date, depending on the date of sale of the multipack, therefore the dates of the instalments in the list are just an example, they are not fixed due dates.
To configure specific dates that won't vary, it will be necessary to add them manually, as described below.
Instalments can be added manually throung the Add button.
This option can be useful to:
- create instalments in addition to those automatically created by the system (through the procedure described in the previous paragraph)
- create a set of instalments with specific due dates.
After clicking on Add, a new window will pop up. There are two options to establish when each instalment will be due:
- fixed date: instalments will be due on a specific day
- dynamic date: the due date of the instalments will vary according to the start of the multipack's validity. Therefore instead of a fixed date, it will be necessary to specify the day of the month when the instalment is due for payment:
- day of the month 1 = 1st day of the month
- if only working days have to be considered (the corresponding option has to be activated):
working day 1 = 1st working day of the month, which doesn't necessarily correspond to the 1st day of the month (a good example is the 1st of January).
In the table below, some examples are provided for clarification.
|date of sale: 15th of October|
|An instalment of 50£ will be due on the 28th of October (same month of the date of sale)|
|An instalment of 50£ will be due on the 28th of November|
|An instalment of 50£ will be due on the 28th of December|
|An instalment of 50£ will be due on the 28th of January|
|Multipack with a validity of 6 months that costs 600£, to be paid as follows:|
- 50£ on the date of sale
- 100£ every 1st day of the month
- 50£ = balance.
- Click on Create Instalments (one a month for 100£). The system will create a total of 6 instalments
- click on Edit next to the last instalment and change the amount into 50£
- click on Add and configure a new instalment as follows:
- select dynamic date
- insert 1 as 1st day of the month
- insert -1 so the instalment will be already due a the moment of sale
- insert 50£ as amount
- select the tax
Multipack that costs 600£ to be paid in 3 instalments with fixed due dates (therefore instalments will be due on the specified dates, regardless of the date of sale):
- 250£ on the 15/10/2021
- 200£ on the 21/01/2022
- 150£ on the 10/04/2022
|Click on Add and create the three instalments with fixed dates, specifying the dates, amount and tax.|
5. How to Edit Instalments
Click on Edit next to each instalment to change its date, amount and tax.
To delete an instalment, click on Delete.
6. Pro Rata
“Pro Rata” means “In Proportion”.
In SPORTRICK this concept applies to instalments. Using the pro rata can affect the due date of instalments since it will vary according to the date of sale.
KEEP EXPIRY DATE
EXPIRY AT THE END OF THE MONTH
If the pro-rata option is disabled, there won't be a proportional management of instalments.
During the sale of a multipack, the instalment pattern created in its details will be replicated exactly as it is.
This option is useful to arrange instalments proportionally for each solar month.
The system will always add an instalment to the pattern configured in the details of the multipack: the amount due in the 1st instalment will be proportional to the number of days of the multipack's validity during the 1st month. This instalment will be due on the 2nd month of validity of the multipack, together with the 2nd instalment (in case of monthly instalments).
The amount of the last instalment will be calculated deducting the amount of the 1st proportional instalment from the amount of the 1st full instalment.
|The system will generate 2 multipacks: |
- one will cover the period from the 1st day of validity of the multipack until the end of the month and the amount due will be calculated automatically according to the number of days included in this period
- the other will cover the period from the 1st day of the following month until the last day of the month of the multipack's validity. The instalments of this multipack will follow the instalment pattern configured in the details of the multipack.
This means that if a twelve-month multipack is sold on the 11/06/2022, the system will create a multipack valid from the 11/06/2022 to the 30/06/2022 and another multipack valid from the 01/07/2022 to the 30/06/2023.The validity will therefore be one year + the number of remaining days in the 1st month of validity of the multipack.
The pro-rata concept is applied to the first multipack, whose cost will be proportional to the number of days from the beginning of the multipack's validity until the end of the 1st month.
|EXAMPLE: please find below an example of application of the three options. In the example, a twelve-month multipack is sold through 30£ instalments due the 1st day of each month, for a total cost of 360£. The multipack is valid from 11/06/2022.|
Dates of Validity of the Multipack:Start: 11/06/2022
Dates of Validity of the Multipack:Start: 11/06/2022
If the multipack started the 1st day of the month, the system would still create an additional instalment but the pro rata of the 1st month will be the same as the the amount of a full instalment and the last instalment would be 0£.
- 20£ (pro rata of the month of June) +
- 30£ (full instalment of the month of July)