List of topics
- basic configuration
- tax creation
- configuration for automatic payment-receipts
- advanced configuration: user cases
- example 1: tax management in case of different service providers
- example 2: multiple branches, each with its document template linked with a tax
Before reading this manual it is advisable to know how to create document templates and to have a clear understanding of tax management within the business.
With SPORTRICK it is MANDATORY to create taxes to associate with the items on sale.
3. Basic Configuration
To create a new tax click on Settings -> Taxes -> Add Tax
- Code: code/name of the tax (visible during payments)
- Description: notes about the tax or short description (optional)
- Percentage: % rate of the tax for VAT management
- Fixed Value: value to add to the final price (or deduct, if preceded by a -). If it is not needed, leave 0
Please note that once a tax has been created it cannot be deleted. It can be disregarded just by avoiding to link it with items on sale.
Configuration for Automatic Payment-Receipts
It is mandatory to associate a document template to each tax to speed up payment procedures, since the system will automatically issue the specified document template every time an item associated with a specific tax is sold.
After the creation of each tax, click on Advanced Management and click on Edit
click again on Edit in order to link the tax with the required document template for each procedure, please select the template accordingly:
- standard: automatically issued after every Front-Office payment (at the reception)
- automatic: automatically issued for:
- automatic recurring payments (SEPA/Credit Card)
- payments via the E-Commerce
- wallet: automatically issued for payments using the credit in the client's e-wallet
- credit note: automatically issued for refunds/invoice cancellation. Please note that is it necessary to activate the corresponding option in the details of the document template in order to use it as a credit note (Settings -> Document Templates -> Settings -> tick the Credit Note box and save the changes)
- outstanding payments: automatically issued in case of unpaid amounts (only for SEPA payments)
If the fiscal cash register is compatible with SPORTRICK (please check the list of compatible cash registers in the manual), it will be possible to choose the corresponding department to register the sale of items associated with the current tax (and therefore print automatic receipts).
Click on OK to save the changes.
4. Advanced Configuration: User Cases
Example 1: Tax Management in case of Different Service Providers
all the services are taxed at 20%
according to the service, the VAT can be 20% or 0% (exempt from VAT)
To differentiate earnings, it is possible to create a report that can filter them by document template. Please refer to the manual about reports.
Example 2: multiple branches, each with its document template linked with a tax
- If you have an administration environment: click on Settings -> Taxes to create taxes through the Add button, specifying name and rate (e.g. 22% VAT, TAX FREE...). Automatically, the system will add the taxes in all the other branches
- if there is no administration environment, it will be necessary to create taxes in each branch
- open a branch (if you are in the administration environment, change branch) and click on Settings -> Taxes -> Advanced Management -> Add (or Edit next to the name of the tax in case you didn't work on the administration environment earlier). This operation is needed to associate a tax with a document template that will be issued automatically after an item with that tax has been sold
- specify the name of the tax and leave the current branch in the branch field, then click on Save Changes
- the last step is to link the correct document template by clicking on Add (or Edit)
- click on OK to save
- repeat the procedure for other taxes and for each branch.