Sportrick's planning is based on the concept of Activity.
To add all your activities, go to the Main Settings and click on Activities. The list below sums up all the characteristics of an activity:
- Name: name of the activity: e.g. Zumba, Swimming;
- Code: it's a short code for the activity that will show up in the timetable, e.g. Zu for Zumba (optional);
- Colour: colour associated with the activity to distinguish it from the others (for example on the timetable)
Important: a very useful tool for the creation of courses is the division of activities into sub-categories. Please find below two examples that clarify this concept:
Example 1 - Swimming Courses: rather than creating three activities for swimming according to the skills required for the course, it is possible to create a single activity called "swimming" and then three skills, for example: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
Example 2 - Fitness Classes: rather than creating an activity for every course, it is possible to group courses into a macro activity, for example Fitness, and then create the different courses as skills: zumba, kettlebells, spinning, HIIT... this can be done for example if all the fitness activities have the same price.
Please click here for further info.
When it comes to fitness classes, the table below can be very useful to decide whether to create an activity for each fitness course or to follow the aforementioned example and create a single general activity with the related fitness courses planned as skills.
|ONE GENERAL ACTIVITY||AN ACTIVITY FOR EVERY COURSE|
|COLOUR ON THE TIMETABLE|
|PLANNING OF THE TIMETABLE |
|BOOKING LIMIT DEPENDING ON THE ACTIVITY|
|PLANNING SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR CLASS BOOKING|
|BOOKINGS VIA E-COMMERCE (CUSTOMER PORTAL)|
Advanced Optional Settings
- E-Commerce Sales: by selecting this option, all items associated with the activity will be available for online purchases via the E-Commerce
- E-Commerce Booking: by selecting this option, all classes associated with the activity will be available for online booking via the E-Commerce
- Check Skills: by selecting this option, clients will only be allowed to enrol onto courses corresponding to their skills. The system will refer to the skills in the user's profile (Info->Skills)
- E-Commerce Name: the activity will appear under this name on the E-Commerce (only if it is different from the main name of the activity specified in the Info section)
- E-Commerce Description: description of the activity for the E-Commerce (optional)
- Optional Fields: it is possible to specify up to 5 optional characteristics for the activity that can be useful for reports, analysis and accounting (for more details click here)
Example: by typing the word Swimming Pool in the first Optional Field of all the activities taking place in the swimming pool, it will be possible to group them in a single category (Swimming Pool). Then, adding the word Course in the Optional Field number 2, it will be possible to create a sub-category.
Another activity could be "Private Swimming Classes". In this case the First Optional Field can be "Swimming Pool" and the Second Optional Field can be "Private Classes".
In a report, all activities can therefore be filtered by activities taking place in the swimming pool and the results can be additionally filtered to separate courses from private classes.
- Waiting List: select the box to enable a waiting list for the activity in case of overbooking. For more info about the types of waiting list, please click here
- Free Booking: if this option is selected, customers will be allowed to book an activity even if it's not included in their subscription
- Marketing: if this option is selected, the activity will be made public on the website so that customers can book it. This option is only valid for web pages integrated with Sportrick
- Target Analysis: if enabled, the activity will be considered a target for specific reports. Example: it is possible to create a report about the number of subscriptions sold during a certain period excluding those subscriptions with a one-day validity. In order to do so, just disable the target option for the activity linked with those subscriptions that are not required in the report
- Notes: notes about the activity