List of Topics
Before proceeding with the planning of the course timetable, the following elements must have been already planned:
- skills (optional)
- facility and areas
- season and sub-seasons
- closures: before planning the timetable of courses, it is necessary to plan closures. If courses are planned before closures, the latter will not be taken into consideration!
Example: A swimming course takes place for the whole month of December on Tuesdays, but there won't be any classes on Christmas Day and Boxing Day-> if the closure on Christmas Day and Boxing Day is created after planning the swimming course, the system will plan classes on the 25th or on the 26th of December (if they fall on a Tuesdays).
3. How to Plan the Timetable of a Course
Courses can be planned from Planning -> Courses -> Course Planning.
In order to plan the timetable of a course, the following characteristics must be specified:
- sub-seasons (select one, more than one or all. Example: some activities can be planned month by month, so you can start by planning just the first month and continue with the planning of courses at a later stage)
- facility and area
- days of the week and time (it is possible to select multiple days if the courses take place at the same time on different days)
- capacity (maximum number of people allowed per class)
- tax: in SPORTRICK the tax is mandatory. If the course is sold tax free, it will be necessary to create a tax with a value = 0 and then assign it to the course. This tax will be applied when selling course enrolments, while for the sale of class passes, it will be possible to choose a different tax from the one assigned to the courses.
At this point there are two options:
- click on Add to create the course/s (it/they will appear in the table at the bottom of the page)
- before confirming the creation of the course it is possible to provide additional details (which are optional). In this case please read the following chapter.
4. Optional Parameters
Additional and Optional Details: after specifying the main details, there are "More Options" available:
2. decide if a valid membership fee and/or medical certificate are required:
|Medical Certificate:||If from Settings -> Main Settings the option in the below picture has been enabled, customers with an expired medical certificate or without a medical certificate will be denied access.|
Conversely, if the option hasn't been enabled, the system will just notify the absence of a valid certificate at the moment of the customer's access
|to display an automatic reminder during the sale of enrolments (in case the customer doesn't have a valid medical certificate), the corresponding option must be activated from the VAR portal.|
After loggin in, click on Managed Environments -> View More -> Configurations -> Settings -> type in the search field the code 10100 corresponding to the following option: "While selling, check if the object needs medical certificate and the customer hasn't it. If so, notify" -> click on Modify, untick the "Use default value" box and select YES -> click on OK to save
if this option is enabled,
the customer's profile membership fee registered in
3. access control specifications: it is possible to specify how many minutes before the start of the class clients will be allowed access into the area where the course takes place. If early access is the same for all courses, please use the default settings (to know how to configure the default settings please refer to the Main Settings manual). Conversely, if the course that is being planned has different early-access rules compared to other courses, you can specify how many minutes before the start of the class people will be granted access into the area
4. E-Commerce: make the course available for renewal or new purchase via the E-Commerce (please note that further parameters must be configured for online sales, see more about it here).
There are some "Secondary Options" that can be specified:
- notes about the course: they can be useful for sellers since they will appear during the selection of the course to sell and they will also be visible on the receipt after the customer has enrolled onto the course
- stored: it is possible to store the course to make it unavailable for sale and booking. The purpose of this option is to record a planning history or to prevent bookings and sales until the whole planning has been completed and approved. It will be then possible to unstore the courses (from Planning -> Courses -> Course Summary) to make them visible and available
- minimum number of participants (only for statistical purposes)
In "Other Locations" it is also possible to split the course into more than one areas.
- Main Activity = SWIMMING takes place in the POOL
- Ancillary activity = WARMING UP takes place in the FITNESS AREA 15 minutes before going into the pool.
This means that they are considered as a single course that takes up two or more different areas, therefore after planning the swimming course in the pool, it will be possible to click on Other Locations before confirming the creation of the course and select the necessary filters to plan 15 minutes in the fitness area. Please refer to the following manual for the detailed procedure: Multiple-Area Planning.
5. How to Carry On with the Planning of Other Courses