List of topics
- creation of seasons and sub-seasons
- how to choose the correct sub-seasons
- delete/store a season/sub-season
A season refers to the period of activity of the club. Usually it starts in September and ends the next summer.
Every season is made up of sub-seasons with a specific starting and end date.
It is mandatory to create a season and its sub-seasons in order to plan courses.
Please note that at the end of each season a new season must be created. Changing the dates of the season to make it last for years is very risky as the system might incur into errors which are NOT convered by the customer-support service.
Examples of Seasons
Below you will find some examples of how to plan a season starting on 01-09-2020 and ending 31-08-2021:
one individual season starting 01-09-2020 and ending 31-08-2021.
This option is suggested in case the sales policy for enrolments is the same for all the available courses, which also have the same duration
winter season and summer season
- winter season starting 01-09-2020 and ending 31-05-2021
- summer season starting 01-06-2021 and ending 31-08-2021
planning a winter and summer season is useful in case the sales policy for enrolment varies according to the time of year, e.g. in winter the minimum lenght of enrolments is a trimester while in summer enrolments can be weekly. In this case, since the validity of enrolments is different in winter and summer, the winter season will be divided into trimesters, while the summer season will be divided into weeks
different seasons according to the type of activity
two or more seasons according to the type of activity.
This option is suggested for activites with different sales policies and with different starting date and termination date.
swimming courses start in September and terminate at the end of May, customers can enrol for a trimester, semester or 9 months -> Swimming season from 01-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into trimesters
fitness courses start in September and terminate at the end of August, fitness memberships last for the whole season -> Fitness season from 01-09-2020 to 31-08-2021 made up of a single period
tennis courses start on the 15th of September and terminate on the 31st of May, customers can enrol for four months or 8 months = Tennis season from 15-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into quadrimesters
swimming courses start on the 1st of September and terminate on the 31st of May, customers can enrol for a trimester, semester or 9 months = Swimming season from 01-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into trimesters.
2. Creation of Seasons and Sub-seasons
A season refers to the period of activity of the club.
To create a new season click on Planning -> Season -> Add
each season requires:
- first day of the season
- end of the season
- sub-seasons: every season is made up of sub-seasons, which are important for the planning of the timetable and for the sale of enrolments. To be sure that the selected sub-season is the correct choice, please read on before confirming the creation of the season.
How to choose the correct sub-seasons
The choice of sub-seasons that make up a season influences the following key aspects:
- timetable of courses: if the timetable of courses varies frequently, it is advisable to divide the season into short sub-seasons, so that it will be easier to plan the timetable more frequently rather than plan the whole season and then having to change the courses' timetable
- duration of enrolments*: the duration of enrolments onto didactic courses is based on the sub-seasons. If customers enrol onto a swimming course on a trimestral basis, the season will have to be divided into trimesters. If the duration of the enrolment varies, for example customers can enrol onto a course for two months, three months, four months, etc. it will be necessary to divide the season into monthly sub-seasons. The sales operator will then have to select the necessary number of months depending on how long the customer intends to enrol for.
*IMPORTANT: sub-seasons correspond to the duration of an enrolment onto didactic courses, that is, courses that involve the acquisition of specific skills through a learning process (e.g. swimming, tennis, volleyaball, basket...). Fitness courses instead, are to be planned on a season made up of a single sub-season.
It is highly recommended to create a new season at the end of the previous one, which should be stored (following the steps described in chapter 4).
Please check that the season and its sub-seasons have been planned correctly before proceeding with the planning of courses!
Once a season has been created, it can be renamed through the Detail button. It is also possible to edit the starting and termination dates, bearing in mind that the sub-seasons won't update automatically, therefore it will be necessary to update the dates manually.
Once a season has been created, the system will automatically divide it into the specified sub-seasons, which will be shown in a table. The Add button allows the creation of additional sub-seasons.
To view the sub-season table click on the name of the season. The following information can be changed through the Detail button:
- name: name of the sub-season
- sub-season type
- starting date of the sub-season
- end date of the sub-season
- start of pre-emption (for E-Commerce sales): (OPTIONAL) the pre-emption period allows customers to renew their enrolment onto a course before new customers can enrol (at the end of the pre-emption period)
- end of pre-emption (for E-Commerce sales)
|WARNING: changing the dates of a season or sub-season after having planned the timetable of courses is NOT recommended since it can cause errors within the system. It is advisable to get in touch with a SPORTRICK consultant to discuss the reasons for the need to change the dates and be advised on the best procedure to follow.
4. Delete/Store a Season/Sub-Season
It is highly recommended to create a new season each year and to store the previous season (by clicking on the Detail button and then selecting the corresponding option).
A season or a sub-season can only be deleted if it isn't linked with courses, membership fees and multipacks.
The system will automatically store the season/sub-season if the Delete button is pressed but there are courses, multipacks or membership fees linked with it (a padlock icon will appear).
So what does it mean exactly that a season or sub-season has been stored? It won't be possible to sell nor book classes if an item is linked with a stored season/sub-season.
This is useful to avoid mistakes when selling enrolments, since by storing past seasons/sub-seasons, only the current ones will be displayed during sales.
The system will still allow to plan courses even if the season/sub-season has been stored.