List of topics
- creation of seasons and sub-seasons
- how to choose the correct sub-seasons
- delete/store a season/sub-season
A season refers to the period of activity of the club. Usually it starts in September and ends the next summer.
Every season is made up of sub-seasons with a specific starting and end date.
It is mandatory to create a season and its sub-seasons in order to plan courses correctly.
Examples of Seasons
Below you will find some examples of how to plan a season starting on 01-09-2020 and ending 31-08-2021:
one season starting 01-09-2020 and ending 31-08-2021.
This option is suggested in case the sales policy for enrolments is the same for all the available courses, which also have the same duration
winter season and summer season
- winter season starting 01-09-2020 and ending 31-05-2021
- summer season starting 01-06-2021 and ending 31-08-2021
planning a winter and summer season is useful in case the sales policy for enrolment varies according to the time of year, e.g. in winter the minimum lenght of enrolments is a trimester while in summer enrolments can be weekly. In this case, since the validity of enrolments is different in winter and summer, the winter season will be divided into trimesters, while the summer season will be divided into weeks
different seasons according to the type of activity
two or more seasons according to the type of activity.
This option is suggested for activites with different sales policies and with different starting date and termination date.
swimming courses start in September and terminate at the end of May, customers can enrol for a trimester, semester or 9 months -> Swimming season from 01-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into trimesters;
fitness courses start in September and terminate at the end of August, fitness memberships last for the whole season -> Fitness season from 01-09-2020 to 31-08-2021 made up of a single period
tennis courses start on the 15th of September and terminate on the 31st of May, customers can enrol for four months or 8 months = Tennis season from 15-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into quadrimesters;
swimming courses start on the 1st of September and terminate on the 31st of May, customers can enrol for a trimester, semester or 9 months = Swimming season from 01-09-2020 to 31-05-2021 divided into trimesters.
2. Creation of Seasons and Sub-seasons
A season refers to the period of activity of the club.
To create a new season click on Planning -> Season -> Add
each season requires:
- first day of the season
- end of the season
- sub-seasons: every season is made up of sub-seasons, which are important for the planning of the timetable and for the sale of enrolments
How to choose the correct sub-seasons
The choice of sub-seasons that make up a season influences the following key aspects:
- timetable of courses: if the timetable of courses varies frequently, it is advisable to divide the season into short sub-seasons, so that it will be easier to plan the timetable more frequently rather than plan the whole season and then having to change the courses' timetable
- duration of enrolments*: the duration of enrolments onto didactic courses is based on the sub-seasons. If customers enrol onto a swimming course on a trimestral basis, the season will have to be divided into trimesters. If the duration of the enrolment varies, for example customers can enrol onto a course for two months, three months, four months, etc. it will be necessary to divide the season into monthly sub-seasons. The sales operator will then have to select the necessary number of months depending on how long the customer intends to enrol for.
*IMPORTANT: sub-seasons correspond to the duration of an enrolment onto didactic courses, that is, courses that involve the acquisition of specific skills through a learning process (e.g. swimming, tennis, volleyaball, basket...). Fitness courses are planned differently, therefore the duration of a membership is NOT to be taken into consideration when planning a sub-season.
It is highly recommended to create a new season at the end of the previous one, that should be stored (you can store a season after it has been created by clicking on the Detail button). This operation is important to avoid data loss.
Once a season has been created, it can be renamed through the Detail button. It is also possible to edit the starting and termination dates, bearing in mind that the sub-seasons won't update automatically, therefore it will be necessary to update the dates manually.
Once a season has been created, the system will automatically divide it into the specified sub-seasons, which will be shown in a table. The Add button allows the creation of additional sub-seasons.
To view the sub-season table click on the name of the season. The following information can be changed through the Detail button:
- name: name of the sub-season
- sub-season type
- starting date of the sub-season
- end date of the sub-season
- start of pre-emption (for E-Commerce sales): (OPTIONAL) the pre-emption period allows customers to renew their enrolment onto a course before new customers can enrol (at the end of the pre-emption period)
- end of pre-emption (for E-Commerce sales)
Important: the button Delete will delete the season/sub-season but it can only be used if they haven't been involved in the planning of courses. Conversely, they can be stored (Detail -> Store). This means that they will no longer be in use but they will be kept in the system for record purposes.
Please check that the season and its sub-seasons have been planned correctly before proceeding with the planning of courses!
4. Delete/Store a Season/Sub-Season
It is highly recommended to create a new season each year and to store the previous season (which will be possible after the creation of a season or sub-season by clicking on the Detail button). This is important to avoid losing previous records in terms of planning, sales, bookings and enrolments. A season or a sub-season can only be deleted if it isn't linked with courses and/or multipacks.
The system will automatically store the season/sub-season if the Delete button is pressed but there are courses and/or multipacks linked with it (a padlock icon will appear).
So what does it mean exactly that a season or sub-season has been stored? It won't be possible to sell enrolments/book classes if the course is linked with a stored season/sub-season.
This is useful to avoid mistakes when selling enrolments, since by storing past seasons/sub-seasons, only the correct ones will be displayed during sales.
The system will still allow to plan courses even if the season/sub-season has been stored.