List of topics
- basic settings
- advanced optional settings
- limiting access according to the capacity of the area
- equipment booking
2. Basic Settings
A facility is the place where all the activities take place.
You can create one or more facilities by clicking on Planning -> Add. Only the first field is mandatory.
Each facility can be made up of different areas. An area is a space inside the main facility where activities take place. The purpose of creating an area is:
- the planning of activities
- access control
To create an area click on the name of the corresponding facility and a table will appear below. Click on Add and specify:
- code (optional). It can be an abbreviation or a code that identifies the area. It will show on the timetable and in the timeline of courses on the home page
- number of lanes (optional). Only required to plan courses and activities in different lanes of the pool.
ALL OTHER FIELDS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
How to Delete/Store an Area/Facility
The button Delete next to each facility/area that has been created, will permanently delete the facility/area but it can only be used if they haven't been involved in the planning of activities. Conversely, if deletion is attempted, the system will automatically store the facility/area (a padlock will show up). This procedure can also be performed manually by ticking the corresponding option (click on Details to see it).
This means that the facility/area will no longer be visible in the selection list during the planning of courses/services but those that have been already planned will not be affected.
To make it available again, just untick the stored option.
Please note that although stored, the facility and areas will still be visible in the Timetable.
3. Advanced Optional Settings
Limiting access according to the capacity of the area
There might be the need to limit the number of people in a specific area or in the whole facility, or to limit the number of cars that can access the parking area.
In order to avoid overcrowding, the system can be configured to check the number of people (or vehicles) in an area and prevent the access when the maximum capacity is reached. This option can only work correctly if there is an exit reader. If people tap their card on their way in and on their way out, the system can control the actual number of people/vehicles in the designated area.
|Please note that this optional feature aims at controlling overcrowding. The capacity of attendees for each class of a course will have to be specified during the planning of the course and not in the details of the area.
This example will better clarify the concept:
Yoga course in studio 1, maximum number of participants 10. If the area (studio 1) is configured with a capacity of 8, the last two people to arrive (among those 10 who have booked the yoga class) will be prevented access, since the area has already reached the maximum capacity when the first 8 attendees arrived. To sum up, the capacity of an area has to do with access control, the capacity of a class has to do with bookings/enrolments.
It is always recommended to bear in mind the area capacity and the number of bookings for a class in order to avoid discrepancies.
To define the maximum capacity of an area in order to avoid overcrowding, please fill in the following fields:
In addition to the booking of a class, SPORTRICK allows the booking of items/equipment needed for the class.
To configure this option, click on Detail next to the name of the area where the equipment is available for booking and fill in the following fields:
- groups: a group of items can be a category of equipment (mats, spinning bikes, steps...) or a set of rows (front row, middle row, back row...). To create a group of items, specify the name and then click on ADD
- group: select the group the items belong to
- code: name/code of the items. The system will then automatically create an item with the code followed by a progressive number. It will be possible to edit the code by clicking on the edit button in the table. An example of code can be B for spinning bikes and S for steps, or Fbike for front-row bikes, Mbike for middle-row bikes and Bbike for back-row bikes
- from number to number: number of items of each group:
- example 1: if in the same area there are 10 spinning bikes and 10 steps to be reserved, it will be necessary to plan bikes from 1 to 10 and steps from 11 to 20
- example 2: front-row bikes from 1 to 8, middle row from 9 to 16 and back-row from 17 to 24
Click on Add to add the items to each group and then click on OK to save changes.
Every time a person books an activity that takes place in an area with items, the system will require the booking of the items as well.