In order to sell a course, it is necessary to set up the details about how the course is going to be sold. Please note that before proceeding with the planning on this page, the timetable of courses must have been previously planned from Planning - Courses - Courses (click here for more info).
When a client purchases a course, the system will automatically reserve all the classes of that course without need for booking.
In order to proceed with the planning of the sale of a course, click on Planning - Courses - Course Sale and follow the steps below:
1) leave Standard Package selected (Package of Classes is an obsolete version);
2) choose the season and the activity;
3) click on Confirm and pick the sub-season type (depending on how the course was planned)
4) select how many sub-seasons will be available for sale (e.g. if a course has been planned on two semesters it will be possible to sell one semester at a time or both together according to the number of sub-season selected, if a course was planned monthly it will be possible to select 3 to sell a trimester, 4 to sell a four-month subscription and so on)
5) specify the weekly attendance (days of the week and number of days). There are two options available:
- fixed mode: once the combination of days has been specified (for attendance that involves more than one day per week), it cannot be edited during the sale of the course
- free mode: during the sale procedure the seller can select which days of the week the customer will take part in the course. This allows the seller to offer an alternative combination to the client in case a course is full on Mondays and Wednesdays but there is still availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- fixed mode: creation of two separate sale types according to the combination of days (Monday-Wednesday and Tuesday-Thursday)
- free mode: one sale type including the 4 days of the week: it will be up to the seller to select which combinations of days. Please note that it is important to select the corresponding number of days for the attendance e.g. bi-weekly course = select 2 days of the week
6) specify the price
- fixed = total price of the course. Please note that in case the customer enrols after the course has already started the system will still charge the full price
- discount = discount applied to the price of the course (the system refers to the pre-planned price list of the course. To create a price click here)
- class price = the system will automatically calculate the final price according to the number of classes of the course. If the customer enrols after the course has already started the system will calculate how many classes are left until the end of the course and charge the corresponding price
7) in case the course is sold via E-Commerce, please specify if it is only available for renewal, new sale or both. More info about the sale of a course via E-Commerce can be found here.
8) in the table at the bottom of the page, the system offers a summary of all the sale types that have been created. By clicking on Edit it will be possible to change the name and also enable pre-planned catch-up classes (click here to know how to create catch-up types)
TO SUM UP:
Fixed Mode: it is a sale type that cannot be amended during the sale procedure.
If the sale of a course has been planned with bi-weekly attendance on Mondays and Thursdays, the seller will have no other sale options for the course.
Free Mode: it is possible to select multiple days for attendance so that during the sale procedure the operator can pick the desired days among those available (according to the planning). If for example there is no more availability to enrol on a Monday course, there will still be the possibility to choose another day (or combination of days if the package allows multiple-day attendance during the week). However, the free mode won't be available after the purchase, that is, the client cannot change the combination of days once the purchase has been completed.
Please note that in order to make the most of Sportrick's potential, it is always recommended to assign a tax to the items on sale. To add a tax to a course, click on Planning -> Course Summary and apply the necessary filters. Then click on Detail -> Price and select the tax from the menu. Click on OK to save the changes. To know how to create a tax click here.
Important: once the course has been sold, it will no longer be possible to delete the item. By clicking on Delete the system will store the item instead. This means that it will no longer be on sale but it will still be kept for record purposes and to maintain the current enrolments.