A resource is something necessary to book services one-to-one or hire certain areas.
To add a resource, click on Planning - Services - Resources - Add
- Resource Type:
- Area: resource corresponding to an area created previously in the planning (Planning -> Standard -> Facility -> Area)
- Person: resource corresponding to an operator/trainer (check out how to create an operator profile).
- Tags: they must have been created previously in the Settings. Tags are useful to group resources by category or qualifications and they make searches and service booking quicker (e.g. beautician, personal trainer, spa, fitness, outdoor...)
After adding a resource it is necessary to specify when the resource is available by clicking on the button Detail next to the name of the resource. The following details are mandatory:
- Days of the week when the resource is available
- Start Date & End Date of the resource's availability
- Beginning of Activity & End of Activity (time frame of availability)
- Use Slot: tick the box if you wish to use time slots for booking
- Time for reservations in minutes: duration of each slot
Slots are useful to optimise resources. For tennis court reservations you might specify an availability from 09am to 10pm and slots of 50 minutes. This means that if a person books the tennis court at 10:15am, another person will not be able to book it before 11:05 as the booking slot has a validity of 50 minutes.