In order to sell a course, it is necessary to set up the details about how the course is going to be sold.
In order to create it, click on Planning - Courses - Course Sale and follow the steps below:
1) leave Standard Package selected (Package of Classes is an obsolete version);
2) choose the season and the activity;
3) click on Confirm and pick the sub-season type (depending on how the course was planned)
4) select how many sub-seasons will be available for sale (e.g. if a course has been planned on two semesters it will be possible to sell one semester at a time or both together according to the number of sub-season selected)
5) specify the weekly attendance (days of the week and number of days). There are two options available:
- fixed mode: once the combination of days has been specified (for attendance that involves more than one day per week), it cannot be edited during the sale of the course
- free mode: during the sale procedure the seller can select which days of the week the customer will take part in the course. This allows the seller to offer an alternative combination to the client in case a course is full on Mondays and Wednesdays but there is still availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- fixed mode: creation of two separate sale types according to the combination of days (Monday-Wednesday and Tuesday-Thursday)
- free mode: one sale type including the 4 days of the week: it will be up to the seller to select which combinations of days. Please note that it is important to select the corresponding number of days for the attendance e.g. bi-weekly course = select 2 days of the week
6) specify the price
- fixed = total price of the course. Please note that in case the customer enrols after the course has already started the system will still charge the full price
- discount = discount applied to the price of the course (the system refers to the price list of the course)
- class price = the system will calculate the final price according to the number of classes of the course. If the customer enrols after the course has already started the system will calculate how many classes are left until the end of the course and charge the corresponding price
7) in case the course is sold via E-Commerce, please specify if it is only available for renewal, new sale or both
8) in the table at the bottom of the page, the system offers a summary of all the sale types that have been created. By clicking on Edit it is possible to change the name and also enable catch-up classes.
TO SUM UP:
Fixed Mode: it is a sale type that cannot be amended during the sale procedure.
If the sale of a course has been planned with bi-weekly attendance on Mondays and Thursdays, the seller will have no other sale options for the course.
Free Mode: it is possible to select multiple days for attendance so that during the sale procedure the operator can pick the desired days among those available (according to the planning). If for example there is no more availability to enrol on a Monday course, there will still be the possibility to choose another day (or combination of days if the package allows multiple-day attendance during the week). However, the free mode won't be available after the purchase, that is, the client cannot change the combination of days once the purchase has been completed.
Important: when the client purchases a course, the system will automatically reserve all the classes of that course without need for booking.