In order to sell a course, it is necessary to set up a sale type.
In order to create it, please click on Planning - Courses - Course Sale and follow the steps below:
1) leave Standard Package selected (Package of Classes is an obsolete version), then choose the season and the activity;
2) click on Confirm and pick the sub-season type (if any, depending on the planning of the course).
3) specify the weekly attendance (days of the week and number of days).
There are two options:
- fixed mode: once the days have been specified they cannot be edited during the sale of the course
- free mode: the seller can select the days of the week during the sale procedure. This allows the seller to offer another combination to the client in case a course is full on Mondays and Wednesdays but there is still availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Example: the belly dance activity is split into two courses according to the following combination of days:
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
The options are:
- fixed mode: two sale types for the two courses
- free mode: one sale type including the 4 days of the week and it will be up to the seller to select which combinations of days. Please note that it is important to select the corresponding number of days for the attendance e.g. bi-weekly course = 2 days of the week selected
4) specify the price
- fixed = total price of the course
- discount = discount applied to the price of the course (the system refers to the price list of the course)
- class price = price of each class. The system will then calculate the final price according to the number of classes of the course
5) in the table at the bottom of the page, the system offers a summary of all the sale types created. By clicking on Edit it is possible to change the name and also enable catch-up classes.
TO SUM UP:
Fixed Mode: it is a sale type that cannot be amended during the sale procedure.
If the attendance to a course has been set up on Mondays and Thursdays with bi-weekly attendance, the seller will have no other sale options for the course.
Free Mode: it is possible to select multiple days and during the sale procedure the operator can pick the desired days among those available according to the planning. If for example there is no more availability to enroll on the Monday course, there is still the possibility to pick another day (or combination of days if the package allows multiple-day attendance during the week). However, the free mode won't be available after the purchase, that is, the client cannot change the combination of days once the purchase has been completed.
Important: when the client purchases a course, the system automatically reserves all the classes of that course without need for booking.